Title 24 HERS 1 Testing
As of October 1, 2005, homeowners are required to have their homes tested for energy compliance when a central air conditioner or furnace is altered or replaced.
With Lower Home Energy, we provide you with your "one stop shop" for the entire process of your Title 24 HERS 1 Testing; rather than searching for an unproven contractor, we will send you one of our trusted affiliates in your area who will send a contractor to conduct several test and fill out the proper forms.
Duct sealing is not required in the following situations:
- When homes (does not apply to nonresidential structures) are in specific coastal climate zones.
- When systems have less than 40 feet of duct-work in unconditioned spaces like attics, garages, crawlspaces, basements or outside the building.
- When ducts are constructed, insulated or sealed with asbestos.
Homeowners are also required to have their home air conditioning tested for proper refrigerant charge when a central air conditioner or furnace is installed or replaced on a system that has central air conditioning. Rather than going with another unproven contractor, Lower Home Energy will provide you with a certified and trusted affiliate in your area who will install and charge the air conditioner, at which point we will send a HERS Rater to check and make sure the installation and refrigerant charging was done properly by performing a Refrigerant Charge Verification.
Refrigerant Charge Verification is not required in the following situations:
- When homes are in specific coastal climate zones.
- When the system is a package unit.
Cost of Service: $240.00
Estimated Timeline: 1 day
Contact us to set up an appointment today!